Monday, May 13, 2013

Who am I?


Apparently, this is who I am.  At least Jonathan thinks so.  He worked on this very special Mother's Day card for the last two weeks at school with his educational assistant, Mr. O.  Jonathan was also able to read the entire card aloud to me, and he wrote his name at the bottom in very readable letters.

This card tells me who I am, who Jonathan is -- and more than that, who we are together.  We do the same simple things over and over, day after day.  Those things are boring at times (I wouldn't miss "yellow-blue-red" if I didn't do it for, say, a few years), but they bring a sense of joy and security.   

Jonathan's secret to happiness seems to be doing the things he loves with the people he loves.  

Not a bad way to live.

4 comments:

  1. Not a bad way to live at all! I'm sorry, but the word that comes to mind is -- "AWESOME!" :D

    As I said on Facebook, this melts a mother's heart. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does! :-)

      The word awesome may be overused (like, totally), but sometimes it's just the right word.

      Delete
  2. Great, now I got all misty-eyed. Must be these stupid allergies.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)