I write regularly here at Little House on the Circle, occasionally guest-post elsewhere, and also write fiction and poetry.
- My story "Poor Sad Soul" won the Christian Courier short-story prize in 2010.
- My story "End of October" was a finalist (top 8) for Ruminate Magazine's Van Dyke Short Story Prize in 2016.
My writing has also appeared at the following places:
- Poem: "Departures" Summer 2019 issue
- Poem: "Lakeside, with Jonathan" Spring 2018 issue (print)
- Poem: "Coyotes" September 2018
- Poem: "Seen" August 2018 - I was one of the winners of Fathom's 40-word poem contest
- Flash fiction: "Glimpse" December 2018 - I was one of the winners of Fathom's Tweet-sized stories (280 characters or fewer) contest
- Essay: "When the Time to Weep is the Time to Laugh" February 2019
The Poetry Blackboard (poetry site curated by Kingston Poet Laureate):
Bangor Literary Journal:
- Poem: "Daylight Saving" in Spring's Bride collection, Easter 2018
- Poem: "duplication on chromosome 16" (no link: site archived)
The Perennial Gen:
Ellen Stumbo: Hope and Encouragement for the Special Needs Parent:
Tim Fall: Just One Train Wreck After Another:
Two poetry-photography collaboration posts with Adriana at Classical Quest:
Long Creek Baptist Church blog:
The Babylon Bee: