Friday, January 04, 2013

Is there a Procrastinator of the Year Award? No, but I might get around to inventing one someday ...

Disclaimer:  this post contains nothing profound or inspirational, unless you find "Don't be like me!" profound and inspirational.


Today I set up my wireless printer.  I got it aligned, installed it on my laptop and Allison's laptop, and tested it out; it works great.  It really wasn't that hard.  I'm so proud of myself.

... Except ... I bought this printer in (gulp) APRIL!!!!  Why did I procrastinate so long in setting it up???  Well, it was probably some irrational reason like these (see rational response in parentheses).

- The box looks large and intimidating.  ("The box IS large.  It takes up a lot of space on the dining room floor.  Get the printer set up, and you can get rid of the box!")

- I have to set aside a couple of hours to do it ; what if I'm interrupted in the middle of the process?  ("Well ... the printer probably won't think, 'Harrumph, stood up again -- I'm outa here!' Chances are it will still be there when you come back.")

- Maybe I'll do it wrong.  ("If you follow the step-by-step instructions you probably won't, and if you do, you can probably find a solution online.")

- Aw, for now I'll just use the old printer -- that only means I have to send myself an email with an attachment and open the email and attachment on the desktop computer, which is way slower than my laptop.  ("As Avril Lavigne just sang on the radio, Why'd ya have to go and make things so complic8ed?")

I guess it doesn't matter what my reason was.  The point is, it's set up now, and I feel this overwhelming desire to print a document!

Nah, maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)