Friday, December 15, 2017

Five Minute Friday: DIFFERENT (a Christmas poem)


Today I'm joining the Five Minute Friday Community again, writing for five minutes on a given prompt. This week's word is DIFFERENT.



This time I thought I'd try my hand at a spontaneous five-minute Christmas poem. The picture above made me think of "a different star" and about the enjoyment God might get from creating a brand-new star to symbolize His brand-new revelation of Himself.


*************

A Different Star 


Does it seem ridiculous to say

there is a different star in the sky tonight,

when the heavens are already full of lights

flung into space thousands of years ago

at the dawn of God’s imagination?

Did the Creator wake early again this morning, laughing

with anticipation, saying, “Today I will do something

new, something their minds could never

have conceived?” How else to explain

the new light in the sky, the sign

of the unlikely birth that made all

the difference in the world.





8 comments:

  1. Awesome! He's no Max Von Sydow kind of Lord. He's always enthusiastic and so very different from the world's image. Love this! Thanks for visiting and I enjoyed the poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah! I like to imagine God having fun and getting excited about His plans. I'm glad to connect with you at FMF this week; have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I loved your poem, Jeannie! It's amazing to imagine God's anticipation at what he was going to do in sending Jesus and to think of his joy at this stage in his plan being put into action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lesley. I enjoyed writing this, and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  3. The difference of a new creation, new life, and a new way of living - wonderful work, Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! And I think Chesterton must have (still) been influencing me as I wrote this.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)