Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The solidarity of intergenerational friendships: guest post at The Perennial Gen


Today I'm happy to have a post up at The Perennial Gen -- a new site providing a space for Christian men and women in the second half of life "to cultivate frank conversation about transitions in our faith, culture, church, relationships, vocation, and bodies." I'm writing today about what I consider an important aspect of intergenerational friendship: solidarity.


*********


The solidarity of intergenerational friendships


A number of years ago when my mother was visiting me, we were paging through my photo albums. Suddenly she said, "You’re very lucky to have so many friends. That’s something I’ve always felt I missed out on in my life"

Her words surprised me ....

CLICK HERE to read the rest of my post over at The Perennial Gen.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Left a comment at PG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, Tim - thanks! And I'd encourage you to consider writing something for them yourself. I know you'd have some good insights to offer.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)