Thursday, June 06, 2013

heroine

Lately I've been observing someone whom I admire and want to be like ... but I'm not going to tell you who!  Read this description and you 'll see why I like her -- and maybe you'll figure out who she is.

She is fictional, but not in a book.

She has a position of authority, but she also serves.  She knows her place and accepts it willingly.

She is respected both by those she serves and by those under her.

She is thoughtful and considers all sides of an issue before she acts.

She is not afraid to say what needs to be said.

She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve, but she can be very compassionate, often showing kindness to those who haven't received it from others.

Unlike her closest co-worker, who sometimes displays an exalted sense of personal importance and an idealism that may not fit the real world, she is humble and practical.

She is Scottish -- always a good thing!

Have you guessed yet?  Click here to find out her identity.

6 comments:

  1. That was fun! You are right -- she is a great heroine! I couldn't guess, but I see it all now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adriana. I've been admiring her a lot lately, and I'm eager to see what she'll do next!

      Delete
  2. I love that character! She's even more of a rock than her boss, or as the Brits would say, "She's a brick." I'm just sad I couldn't guess her identity from your great clues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim -- I thought it would be fun to play a little game instead of just telling you who she is. Yes, she is a brick. Perfect word!

      Delete
  3. Funny!! I knew immediately who it was!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Genevieve -- your prize is in the mail! :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)