Friday, April 05, 2013

Fun Friday Fail?

Last semester on my course website, I did a post every Friday called "Fun Friday Fail," in which I'd publish something from the media that contained a grammatical error and ask the students to identify and correct it.

I'm not planning to make that a tradition on my blog, but I just had to share two real live mixed metaphors I encountered this week.  I suppose these are more "Fun" than "Fail," actually:

- On Facebook, someone was lamenting that she wouldn't be able to get together with a friend:  "We're like two ships passing in a port."

- At the doctor's office, a young woman was remarking on her illness:  "I wouldn't wish this on my worst nightmare."


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Maybe things are funnier when you're on drugs? ... but I didn't think penicillin was that kind of drug. :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)