I write regularly here, occasionally guest-post elsewhere, and also write fiction and poetry.
- My story "Poor Sad Soul" won the Christian Courier short-story prize in 2010.
- My story "End of October" was a finalist (top 8) for Ruminate Magazine's Van Dyke Short Story Prize in 2016.
My writing has also appeared at the following places:
- Poem: "Departures" Summer 2019 issue
- Poem: "Lakeside, with Jonathan" Spring 2018 issue (print)
- Poem: "Coyotes" September 2018
- Poem: "Seen" August 2018 - I was one of the winners of Fathom's 40-word poem contest
- Flash fiction: "Glimpse" December 2018 - I was one of the winners of Fathom's Tweet-sized stories (280 characters or fewer) contest
Dust Poetry Magazine:
- Poem: "These days" January 2020
The Poetry Blackboard (poetry site curated by Kingston Poet Laureate):
"Along King Street" was also selected to be one of the featured poems in Kingston's Vibrant Spaces project in August 2019; it has been printed on a railing on the Kingston waterfront.
- "Prison Farms in a Time of Global Crisis: Thinking Big, Starting Small" (op-ed for Kingstonist Community Editorial Board)
Bangor Literary Journal:
- Poem: "Daylight Saving" in Spring's Bride collection, Easter 2018
- Poem: "duplication on chromosome 16" (no link: site archived)
The Perennial Gen:
Ellen Stumbo: Hope and Encouragement for the Special Needs Parent:
Tim Fall: Just One Train Wreck After Another:
Two poetry-photography collaboration posts with Adriana at Classical Quest (no links, site archived)
- "The Choice"
Long Creek Baptist Church blog:
The Babylon Bee: