Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Ya gotta have RESOLVE!



Last week I wrote about Jonathan pouring chocolate syrup all over the coffee table and carpet.  I had tried to clean the carpet, but it still looked horrible; so I just put a mat over the spot until we could decide whether to

(1) have the carpet professionally cleaned

(2) remove the carpet altogether -- something we've already been thinking about, given that this carpet has seen better, uh, decades

(3) move the couch so that it hides the stain (Why do I find this option so appealing, I wonder?  "Spot?  What spot?  I don't see any spot!")


Then last Friday we were hanging out at home -- I had just come home from picking Jonathan up at camp and was giving him a snack -- when a van pulled up and out jumped our friend Maureen from church, armed with a sponge and a bottle of



"I was thinking of you," she said, "and I knew I had this spray that works really well ... and I had an appointment downtown, so I just thought I'd come by."  Then she got down on her hands and knees and attacked the stain, soaking and scrubbing it for about fifteen minutes.

Resolve is a pretty effective product:  I'd say the stain is about 90% removed, so it's a huge improvement.  (Disclaimer:  The author of this blog post received no compensation from product maker Beckitt Benckiser LLC in exchange for this testimonial.)

But I think Maureen was even more amazing.  She saw a need and just made herself, and her cleaning supplies, available to try to meet it.  She was actually a bit of a Superhero to me at that moment (minus the cape), especially when she was down on her knees doing the dirty work.

Thanks, Maureen.  Whatever we end up doing with the carpet -- replacing it, cleaning it, hiding the evidence -- doesn't really matter in the end ... but you showed me again that you've got a great heart.



8 comments:

  1. Jeannie, Thank you for your kind words! I loved the superhero figure - I wish my hair was still that colour. I think that I was partially inspired by Adriana's recent post about how we all need each other. Do you know The Servant Song? I was thinking about the last verse this morning: "When we sing to God in heaven, It will be such harmony, Filled with all we've know together of Christ's love and agony." Remember that time we sang together for a Sunday School Christmas get-together? That's just a small taste of what we will share together in heaven some day. It's a blessing to know you and walk the road with you, my friend! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song, Maureen. And thanks for your friendship and fellowship!

      Delete
  2. She's a hero, Jeannie, that's true! Isn't it great how God brings people like Maureen onto someone's life? She not only brought Resolve, she showed you her resolve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know who will show up at your door!

      Delete
  3. I love your image of superhero Maureen. I'm sure she didn't think of herself that way but I hope she recognized what an incredible thing she did. And by publicly endorsing her you've done a pretty terrific thing too.
    'How good and pleasant it is when (we) dwell together in unity...'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true, Sarah. Thanks for reading & commenting -- AND I hope you're enjoying a lovely holiday. I look forward to seeing you next week.

      Delete
  4. What a blessing!!!

    And I need that product! I've got a few nasty stains on my rug from little mess makers! Thank you Jeannie & Maureen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it only comes in standard-size spray bottles: I think I need the 20-gallon vat.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)