Saturday, December 15, 2018

Haikus for Advent: Week Two





As I explained in my last post, I am composing a haiku for each day of Advent this year and posting it on Twitter. 

These are the haikus I wrote for Week Two of Advent. 


********

peace candle wavers
but does not go out. pray for
migrants fleeing war

********

coloured lights glowing
in the window, softening
the edges of night

********

expectant, we wait,
hardly knowing what -- or Who --
lies at waiting's end

********

he scatters the proud
topples rulers' thrones, lifts up
the humble of heart

********

the hungry are fed
and the Lord does not forget
to be merciful

********

its head now engaged,
the baby will soon be born --
and this is our God!

********

He in whose image
we were made is himself made
into our likeness

********


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)