Thursday, August 06, 2009

summer friends

Today was Jonathan's last day at Extend-a-Family day camp. He attended for 22 days this summer and loved it. Here he is with counsellors Emily and Dana ...

... with leader Matt ...


... and with one of his favourite counsellors, Sam. Sam was quite taken with Jonathan and loved playing basketball with him. Today when I came to pick Jonathan up, Sam said to me, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I wish you weren't here right now!" Jonathan also got along great with another counsellor, Eric, who is away this week so couldn't be photographed. However, one of the leaders told me that Eric had texted her this week to ask how Jonathan was doing, and to say that if we ever need him for child care over the next year he would love to look after Jonathan.
Jonathan truly has a special gift. As his parents we see all sides of him and sometimes his behaviour can be very challenging -- but when he is at a program like this he is always a source of joy for everyone there. Not everyone can say that they have the gift of making people happy, but Jonathan does.



1 comment:

  1. Jeannie! Your blog is not boring at all. I'm loving reading what you and the family are doing!!

    I just got back from a trip to Amsterdam, but I'm at work right now and should be putting pictures up later tonight (I hope).

    Hope to see you soon! Until then I'm enjoying your updates =]

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I love to hear from readers. (And tell me who you are if you're comfortable doing that -- sometimes the comment form defaults to Anonymous.)